2020-21 have been years full of innovation and adaptation for everyone, especially the business world.
The COVID-19 pandemic drove organisations to be more creative than ever, especially in the way teams can communicate and engage internally, as well as how they can stay connected with external companies and people.
Amidst lockdowns and event cancellations, the virtual world created a whole new potential to conduct events, conferences, concerts, webinars, and other social events online.
Luckily, DOREMI was ahead of the curve on this one. We’ve hosted hundreds of virtual events over the last decade, and the key to engaging spectators and delivering a flawless experience is choosing the best virtual platform.
Hosting a virtual event
Hosting a virtual event demands the same care and attention as a physical one.
The purpose of a virtual networking event is to bring people together with an intention of solely interacting, connecting and engaging through online platforms.
For further information and details, read our article on how to host a virtual networking event.
What should I look for in a virtual event platform?
There are tons of software out there to help you plan, promote and execute virtual events. These softwares help you deliver a similar feel and value of offline events through online.
So make sure you choose the best virtual event platform based on the checklist below:
- Has essential features that you need to achieve the goal of your event.
- Provides an easy registration entry.
- Prioritizes networking functions.
- Provides an on-demand support team for troubleshooting.
- Ability to personalize branding and customization options.
- Includes real-time and post-event analysis.
- Engagement tools for the audience (Live events, Q&A sessions, live polls, hand-raising feature).
- Capable to engage sponsors and exhibitors.
- The price range fits your budget.
- Offers a user-friendly and yet aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
Best virtual event platforms
Our top 17 picks of best virtual event platforms in 2021:
Zoom is considered by many to be the #1 virtual event platform for video conferencing meetings, audio conferencing, webinars, meeting recordings, and live chats because of its user-friendly features and intuitive interface.
Some of the features are screen sharing, annotations on the screen while sharing, private and group chats, MP4 and M4A local recordings, keyboard and mouse control, and even whiteboarding.
Zoom offers a full-featured free plan capped at 40 minutes each, enabling users to host up to 100 participants per video call. Although Zoom is often used for education purposes, entrepreneurs and corporate users may find this useful.
Besides, Zoom is found to work on all platforms and devices, allowing it to be very capable for meetings on the go.
2. Google Meet
Google Meet, also part of the Google Workspace platform, is designed by Google for video conferencing purposes.
Some of the biggest appeals of Google Meet are:
- No installation is needed! All you need is the web version.
- Free of charge with a Gmail account.
- Jam-packed with quality features (live streaming, breakout rooms, polling).
- Only takes a couple of clicks to invite other team members to the meeting.
- Integrates with other Google apps (Google Calendar & Gmail).
- Up to 250 participants can connect at a time.
- Rock-solid security measures (secure encryption, privacy features).
Google Meet a.k.a Google Hangouts is a current favourite option in both the corporate and educational world for meetings and lectures.
Also read our article on “How to record a Google meet?”
Another noteworthy platform is the Eventcube, known for its full-featured ticketing and event management platform skills.
Reasons why Eventcube is one of our top pick virtual platform is:
- All in one platform (Virtual events, ticketing, live streaming, hosting).
- Event customization.
- User-friendly features (Post-event content hub and replays).
- Unrivalled customer support.
- Exceptional technical team.
- Offers in house production.
- Integration with LinkedIn.
Eventcube can also improve your streamline quality using its very own Broadcast product, improving the video quality experience for your audiences.
If you’re looking for something that’s a little different than usual, Orbits it is!
With the intention ofThis is a unique space for virtual events as it focuses on aesthetics and user experiences.
Features that Orbits offer include:
- Digitally designed real-life event venues.
- Offers multiple networking spaces.
- Breakout room function.
- Unlimited number of attendees.
What sets this apart from other virtual platforms?
Orbits allow the attendees to be free and roam from room to room, engage with other guests and do networking via video chats, texts, live sessions, and even pre-recorded videos. With this, auxiliary events such as beer and wine tastings can be easily organized virtually.
Airmeet is an all-rounder virtual event platform that’s built for networking and connecting purposes.
- No software download is required. No drop-offs, and no latency.
- High-quality HD live broadcast & networking experience.
- Auto-scales as your attendee count increases, without a drop in quality.
- Capable of supporting up to 1M connections.
- Robust security.
- The Social Lounge feature enables attendees to network better for a more luxurious experience.
- Integrates with Zap and other social media apps.
6. Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams (MT) is another popular option when it comes to virtual meetings.
- Integrates with all Office apps.
- Has full range of features (screen sharing, call recording, live captions).
- HD videos.
- Up to 10000 participants.
Similar to Zoom, it has a compelling and powerful video conferencing option where it enables people to join the call from anywhere around the world.
vFairs is an intuitive virtual event platform that allows companies to host online Career Fairs, Job Fairs, Open Days, and even Trade Shows!
- Offers 3D visual designs & animations.
- Excellent scalability.
- Exciting engagement activities.
- Boost your ROI.
- Has real-time attendee stats.
- Offers interactive features (audio/video chat).
Many well-known organizations like Nestle, T-Mobile, and Sage used vFairs as their software platform to interact and engage with employees, customers, and other audiences.
Filo is a collaborative virtual event platform for companies who are looking to host internal events such as workshops, deal reviews, training, sales kick-off events, demo days, hackathons, and for people who manage distributed teams.
Filo focuses on building collaborative, interactive events so that the participants can engage and rave about their experiences.
Features found in Filo:
- Can access to full audience list and personal rooms.
- Integrated with Zoom.
- Customizability requirements to be fulfilled.
- Has networking profiles and features.
- Integration with other apps (Youtube, Google Docs, Spotify).
Accelevents virtual platform is an ideal choice for all-in-one hybrid and virtual event platforms that focuses on authentic human connections and sustainable growth.
Interactive features provided for attendees:
- Allows to watch keynote talks.
- Attend multiple breakout sessions.
- Engages within workshops.
- Interacts with virtual exhibitors.
- Networks with groups or individuals.
- Answers polls.
- Downloads materials.
- Participates in live chats.
- Offers 24/7 live customer support.
They also have in-depth analytics, integrated live streaming, monetization, gamification and event customization services.
Intrado is a virtual event platform that focuses on connecting with a global audience and customizing your event environment to meet your objectives.
- Engages up to 200,000+ attendees in a single event.
- Provide real-time metrics.
- Intuitive designs (3D designs & Responsive designs).
- Localization (multilingual feature).
- Chat functions.
Intrado is highly recommended for sponsorship and customizability events.
Bizzabo is a fully customizable end-to-end event software for virtual, in-person and hybrid events to create distinct attendee experiences.
Bizzabo assists companies in measuring, managing, and scaling events to achieve essential business results.
- Limited to 1000 attendees at a time.
- Exhibit/Vendor Management.
- Social Promotion.
- Sponsorship Management.
- Surveys & Feedback.
ON24 is well-known for its webinar capabilities. It is an ideal choice for large events that need customization and networking.
Features provided in ON24:
- Does not require software downloads.
- Hosts up to 5000 attendees.
- Has gamification.
- Breakout rooms provided.
- Multilingual support.
Hopin is another famous name on the virtual platform market with endless potential.
Benefits provided in Hopin:
- Integrations with Slido, HubSpot, CVent, Typeform and MailChimp.
- Covers all range of scalability.
- User friendly.
- Easy registration with only 3 steps.
- Engage your attendees.
- Analyze real-time data.
Hubilo is a one-stop event platform built for engagement and event excellence.
Hubilo has all the features needed to organize a virtual event namely:
- Engagement cloud for better attendee experiences.
- Facilitate multitasking (multi-window view).
- Able to book meetings in one go.
- Able to view the speaker’s profile.
- Upvote questions in session chats to address the most pressing queries.
- Pin session chats to showcase any announcement or comment.
- Has a refresh button to see the updated list of new attendees.
If you are looking for events with a modern and trendy vibe, Whova is the right choice!
Whova consists of an easy online registration, an award-winning event app, strategic marketing and time-saving event management tools for both virtual and hybrid events.
Suitable for conferences, expos, conventions, trade shows, business meetings, and gatherings.
Features available in Whova:
- Attendee engagements and networking,
- Built-in webcasting.
- Custom virtual lobby.
- One-to-one networking.
- Multilingual features supported.
- Real-time data insights.
- Branding tools.
Cvent is a one-stop solution to all your event management needs, from venue sourcing, registration to feedback surveys.
An online software that focuses on serving hospitality to attendees in virtual booths, video conferencing, and sponsored sessions.
Features of Cvent:
- Ticket sales.
- Easy Registration.
- No download is needed, can join from any browser.
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface.
- Ease of speaker submission.
- Engagement tools (Q&A, live streaming).
- Custom integrations.
Socio is an end-to-end event management platform for live streaming, attendee engagement, sponsorship, one-to-one networking, and advanced analytics.
Socio is fully loaded with all the features that can help in achieving your business goals, namely:
- Flexible streaming (Chat sessions, poling, Q&A).
- Customize your event hub(custom banners, logos, overlays, and backgrounds).
- Built-in accessibility features (to support visual or auditory impairments).
- Real-time data and metrics are provided.
All in all, these 17 virtual platforms have their own unique features.
Choose the one that fulfils your requirements.
If you are looking for platforms to conduct a virtual meeting for business purposes, you may easily choose video conferencing platforms like, Zoom, Google Meet or Microsoft Teams.
However, if you would like to optimize your virtual experience, find solid virtual meeting platforms with engaging features.
Need more virtual event production info or advice?
At DOREMI we believe every event is unique and that is why we have customization ability to solve your dilemma on virtual events equipment and setup. To learn more about how we can power your next virtual event, contact us.